My Supplements Routine and Everything you want to know about them.
Now before i start, i am not a doctor, nutritionist or your parent to recommend any of these mentioned supplements below. These are the supplements i legit take and i personally love taking them because i have done my crazy research and i know if you include them in your lifestyle the right way, it can do wonders.
I keep my dietary supplements intake very very simple and don’t take any fancy looking bottles which claims to give me beautiful skin, nails, hair. In fact i stay away from them. FAR AWAY!
I truly firmly believe that everything that’s going on in your body is related to your GUT! Healthy GUT can lead to Healthy Skin! Healthy Hair! Healthy Heart! and healthy you!
So to promote healthy gut you need good nutrients, maintenance, growth and regulation of bodily process.
There are 13 vitamins and at least 16 minerals that are essential to health.
1. Multivitamins: Multivitamins may contain many of these vitamins and minerals, but in varying forms and amounts. They can also contain other ingredients like herbs, amino acids and fatty acids.
Multivitamins may contain herbs, amino acids, and fatty acids in addition to vitamins and minerals to boost your metabolism and nourish your body from within.
To start with your Multivitamins i would say you either visit your doctor and ask them to prescribe you a brand or you can visit your local pharmacy and talk to the chemist and ask them to suggest you.
The only thing to look into the multivitamins supplements is make sure all the ingredients mentioned on the label are vitamins and if there are any suspicious chemicals or ingredients mentioned then you must stay away from it, because it’s multivitamins supplements that you are buying and there shouldn’t be anything else in the pills except vitamins, right?
2. Biotin: By now everyone knows the importance of biotin, it promotes healthy nails, hair and skin.
I personally love taking pure biotin pills, BUT BUT BUT! here comes the catch, with biotin there is a lot of debate, while it works for some people (like me) it flares up acne for many. If you have slow hair growth and brittle nails then biotin is your bff, but i would recommend taking pure biotin and not the one which is mixed with other vitamins. Take one that’s just biotin rather than a multivitamin so that you don’t get too much iodine, Iodine can cause acne, or make existing acne worse. If you take the biotin supplements alone at first, it’s easier to determine whether your breakout was caused by biotin and not something else. If you have acne prone skin and if you are scared then i would say skip it but honestly taking pure biotin has worked great for me.
3. Probiotics: This guy is my fav!! i can go on and keep writing about the benefits of probiotics all day long. I think everyone should take probiotics supplements, it keeps your immune system clean, strong, and super healthy.
How Do They Work? Types of Probiotics What Do They Do? How to Use Them Safely
Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for you, especially your digestive system. Probiotics are often called “good” or “helpful” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy. About 60 to 80 percent of our immune system lives in our gut. Imbalances in the gut lead to digestive issues and can be felt in various ways like fatigue to depression, thyroid dysfunction, autoimmune, skin issues. Conditions like rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, and acne are really inflammatory conditions, and often caused because of something that is happening deeper within the body. When you fix the gut your skin issues often resolve as well.
You can find probiotics in supplements and some foods, like yogurt. When you lose “good” bacteria in your body, for example after you take antibiotics, probiotics can help replace them. They can help balance your “good” and “bad” bacteria to keep your body working the way it should. So if you are on antibiotics you must include probiotics to keep your gut healthy.
Remember Healthy Gut, Healthy Skin!
For everyday supplement of PROBIOTIC look for CAPSULES 30 BILLION per capsule
IF you are taking antibiotics look for PROBIOTIC CAPSULES 100 BILLION per capsule
4. Fish Oil: Fish oil contains mega omega-3 fatty acids and greatly benefits skin by regulating oil production to boost hydration and prevent acne, it delays the skin’s aging process by keeping wrinkles away. YESS!! It has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which boosts collagen growth and prevents from saggy skin. It also protect against sun damage and help repair it. What more do we need?
5. Turmeric: You don’t want me to tell you how effective turmeric is for our overall health. This is an ancient herb that west is going crazy for it now, but in India it’s effortlessly used in cooking every meal course since 100s of years. Now you will ask, then why i need supplement when i am already consuming it in my food? Well, the amount of turmeric used in cooking food is very little and most probably you don’t eat that entire portion of meal by yourself, which makes it very little amount for it to work the way it should be working for you. I make my own turmeric supplements just so i know it’s not mixed with any other things. I buy empty gelatin capsules and fill them up with turmeric. consume one everyday and viola!
6. Garlic: Who cares about bad breath as long as you have good skin, am I right? All joking aside, garlic is must for overall wellness–especially in the skincare department–thanks to the compound allicin. Allicin, which naturally occurs when a garlic clove is crushed, has been shown to be more powerful than penicillin and tetracycline in terms of fighting bacterial and fungal infections. Seriously. Garlic also has anti-microbial, anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. That might sound like a lot of anti, but it’s totally pro-glow.
If you’ve been prescribed antibiotics for a skin issue and are considering your options, you might want to give garlic a try first. You can always add more garlic to the dishes you cook, but you’ll get the most out of this natural antibiotic by eating raw cloves. Don’t have the stomach for it? Odor-free garlic capsules to the rescue!
Same as above; I buy the organic garlic powder and fill them in my gelatin capsules and consume one everyday cos i am not brave enough to chew a garlic with my morning tea lol
7. Vitamin C: I love vitamin c cos my skin is really sensitive and which leads to redness. I am a living tomato without my makeup on so i love me some vitamin C. Vitamin C Helps Take The Red Out Of Acne. Probably the most dramatic effect of taking a vitamin C supplement if you have acne is clearing up the redness in your skin.
8. Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a spice that is made from the inner bark of trees. It has been used as an ingredient throughout history. Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. In fact it outranked the power herbs like Garlic and Oregano in the Superfood department. Cinnamon helps fighting infection that means if you have oily acne prone skin it will help fighting the skin infection while keeping your heart and gut healthy.
9. Oregano: I have been itching to talk about this power herb since months now! i wanted to do my strict research and then let you guys know about it so here it is.
Firstly: You’ve been warned! oregano oil is the worst thing you’ll ever taste–but the benefits make it so worth it. A dropper full of oregano oil a day can act as a natural antibiotic in the body, fighting off infections, bad bacteria, and fungus (like yeast or candida) naturally. It’s incredible for reducing inflammation, which is the root of all skin issues. Oregano oil also improves gut health, eliminates Staph infections, and prevents signs of aging. If you’ve tried everything and your skin still isn’t clearing up, it might be time to bring this bad (tasting) boy into the mix.
The body absorbs pure oregano oil more efficiently than oregano oil capsules, so if you want the full benefits, you unfortunately have to deal with the full taste. Grab a bottle of oregano oil, and try this trick every morning. Lift your tongue and place 3 – 5 drops of oregano oil underneath; swallow immediately and wash down with a glass of water, keeping your tongue raised the entire time. The oregano oil totally bypasses your taste buds! You’re welcome. You can also buy oregano supplements they are easily available online. I consumed Oregano oil for sometime but now i just take one supplement everyday cos again i am bad with tastes and can’t live with it.
Both garlic and oregano have been shown to improve acne, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, fungal skin issues, and more. If you’re wondering why your dermatologist hasn’t brought these guys to your attention, their price tags might give you a clue (um, they’re basically free).
After 10 days of chomping on garlic or swallowing down oregano (or both!), you should see a difference. Honestly, I noticed the effects of the oregano oil within days.
(Note that oregano oil is highly antimicrobial, so you shouldn’t take it more than 10 days in a row. For long-term use, take it 10 days out of every month.)
I occasionally switch my supplements and add or remove according to how my body is feeling at that time. But above mentioned supplements are my absolutely favorite which i have been consuming for quite some time and i don’t plan on stopping with them now or in the near future.
One last thing, pls don’t expect any instant results, taking supplements is part of my lifestyle and I take joy in consuming them. I don’t wait around looking for instant results. Over the time you will feel more energetic, graceful and healthier if you include supplements in your everyday diet along with good eating habits and lifestyle change.
Hope this was helpful, I will be posting more articles soon! XO